High Velocity Air ConditioningGlenolden, PA, Haverford, PA, Woodlyn, PA, Radnor, PA, Ardmore, PA & Havertown, PA
High velocity air conditioners are a rewarding option for older homes that lack traditional ductwork, renovations where ductwork is not feasible, or those homes that rely on ductless heating, such as radiant floors. Sometimes referred to as “mini-duct” systems, because of the small, insulated tubes that replace conventional ductwork, high velocity air conditioners avoid the mess, space requirements, and cost of retrofitting large metal ductwork into walls, ceilings, and even precious closet space. Two-inch, insulated tubing incorporates neatly into tight spaces between wall joists, under the floor, and around corners. Because it is flexible and seamless, the supply tubing doesn’t contribute to energy losses through leaks or accumulate dust, pollen, or mold in corners. The qualified specialists from Creative Comfort Solutions complete installation of your high velocity system with virtually no disruption to your living space, or impact to interior architectural features.
Enjoy the benefits of a high velocity A/C system installation!
Indoor comfort is influenced by more than just temperature. Air circulation is an essential component. Conditioned air must be effectively circulated to get the most benefit from your heating/cooling system. One of the main differences between high velocity conditioning and other HVAC systems is the active circulation of air within the room and throughout the entire home. Working on the principle of aspiration, streams of air gently mix with existing air currents, creating consistent temperatures from floor to ceiling and achieving more uniform comfort. Because the air being introduced into the room is much colder and more dehumidified than the air in the room, the cooler air is drawn to the “low pressure streams” and eliminates stratification. The results are so effective that Creative Comfort Solutions offers an Even Temperature Guarantee for the life of the system.
Creative Comfort Solutions offers free estimates on replacement and new installation of your high velocity air conditioner. We custom design a system that accommodates the space you have. Installed into either new construction or existing structures, the compact simplicity of high velocity units requires one-tenth of the space of traditional ductwork, and far less time and cost when compared to fabricating and implementing sheet metal ductwork. Our factory trained technicians meticulously install your high velocity system to ensure quiet operation. We go beyond the manufacturer’s recommended number of outlets, balance the main duct system, and use sound attenuation materials at the end of each outlet and on the return duct to absorb airborne and regenerated noise and provide a quiet comfort system. Uniquely qualified and extensively experienced, Creative Comfort Solutions creates solutions with the flexibility to answer any challenge. We make it easy to enjoy perfect temperatures.
Some of the benefits of high velocity air conditioning installation include:
- More evenly distributed heating/cooling throughout the house
- Floor to ceiling temperatures vary by less than two degrees in individual rooms
- Active circulation reduces air stagnation
- Eliminate the energy losses and maintenance requirements of ductwork
- Instead of return vents in each room, high velocity systems require only one
- Very little, if any, remodeling
- High velocity air conditioning utilizes white caps for the ceiling and wood plates that can be matched to any floor
- Five-inch outlets are much smaller than conventional register grills and can be placed in the ceiling, wall, or floor
- Remove up to 30% more moisture than conventional central air systems
- Superior dehumidification allows greater comfort at higher thermostat settings, promoting energy savings without sacrificing comfort
- Save up to 7% off yearly utility costs due to higher thermostat settings
- Quiet operation
- No more unsightly registers or radiators
- Get rid of box fans and portable conditioning units
- Avoid dropped ceilings, soffits, or other add-ons to conceal ductwork
- None of the noise associated with air ducts
- No drafts
What if your high velocity system stops working? Start by checking the main electrical panel to see if any breakers are tripped or any fuses blown. Next, try the thermostat. Verify that it is in cooling mode and the temperature is set lower than the actual indoor temperature. It may be time to replace the batteries in the thermostat. The filter of your high velocity system may be dirty and in need of a replacement. Do not operate the system for a long period of time without the filter.
Contact Creative Comfort Solutions to learn more about high velocity air conditioners, or if you need repairs or service for your existing system!
For any concerns with your high velocity system, don’t hesitate to contact Creative Comfort Solutions for assistance. Our NATE-certified technicians will provide accurate diagnosis and determine whether repairs are necessary. Through years of in-field experience, rest assured that the installation, maintenance, and service of your equipment is in very good hands. We deliver innovative solutions to homeowners across Delaware, Montgomery & Chester Counties.